Friday 23 September 2011

Blueberry Muffins


    The phone rang at nine this morning, the call was for 6 muffins by 10am for a breakfast meeting, and could I supply them.  I mentally went through the cupboards checking off what I would need and remembered the blueberries in the refrigerator.  Sixty minutes I thought....if I could make dinner in sixty minutes I knew half a dozen muffins shouldn't be a problem.  I was off and running...um, I mean baking...now I just wondered...where had that recipe gone off to I had used?



Blueberry Muffins

1 1/2 Cups Flour
3/4 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil (I use Canola)
1 Egg (I use a lg egg)
1/3 Cup Milk (I use 2%)
1 Cup Blueberries (Fresh)


Crumb Topping

1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/3 Cup Flour
1/4 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Cubed Butter 
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
Mix crumb topping ingredients together with a fork...there will be a fair amount leftover unused...


Pre-heat Oven to 400 degrees, grease inside and top of muffin pan
Mix Flour, Sugar, Salt and Baking Powder (I either whisk together or sift it and whisk together)
Place Oil and egg in a 1 cup measuring cup, add milk to fill the one cup
Mix the wet mixture into the dry ingredients BUT don't over mix! only mix till combined
Fold Blueberries into mixture, gently...gently...
Fill muffin pan cups till full
Sprinkle Crumb mixture on top (oh...about 1 Tablespoon)

Bake for about 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean


Very Yummy!  The mix is thick but don't worry about that as it helps the Blueberries not to sink to the bottom of the cup.  I have to taste test of course!


     A few weeks ago I searched and searched for a good Blueberry Muffin recipe and after combing online for awhile I finally decided on this one, They have come out great each time I have made them.  The only thing I do differently is add more cinnamon and more butter to the crumb topping.  I also never use paper liner cups unless I am making cupcakes for children.  It wouldn't be right for me not to share the source, so...I found the original recipe at
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/to-die-for-blueberry-muffins/detail.aspx

I have seen recipes very, very similar to this one yet don't see any attribution given, maybe they are great muffin recipe creators, until I am...I must share my secret : )  Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...