Thursday 1 September 2011

Our Garden Bounty


     I know some might snicker, tee hee, but truth be told...this is my very first vegetable garden and I only planted a couple of plants.  With all of the flower gardens I have cultivated over the last few decades I am surprised I have never tried fruits or vegetables before now.
     Our growing season is very, very short here and I am blessed, grateful and delighted to be able to pick anything from our plants at all.  I still have many on the plants in different stages of growth but these babies were ready to come off and prepare to be eaten.
     Though they were not ripening on the plant, they are now doing quite well in a darkened closet hiding within newspaper and at different stages of ripeness, I am excited to share with you our first harvest.

Our Husky Cherry Red Tomatoes


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...