Saturday 1 October 2011

Mom's Zucchini Bread


     For as long as I can remember my mom has made zucchini bread for the family at least once a year.  Every holiday season it was a treat to receive loaves of them from her.  Not to long ago I had an abundance of lovely zucchinis and her bread was the first thing to come to mind when I wondered what to do with the bounty before me.  Calling her on the telephone and getting the recipe first hand I immediately went to work that afternoon on a bread that has always reminded me of home.

Mom's Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. shredded zucchini
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. raisins (I used a variety mixture)
1 c. nuts (I had walnuts)
1 c. crushed pineapple (well drained)
3 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. salt

Mix ingredients together and pour mixture into 2 9x5 loaf pans.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or more until done, enjoy : )

I sift or whisk together my dry ingredients and then add all of my wet ingredients to the dry mixture before blending together.

Thanks for sharing mom!  Love you...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...