Thursday 8 December 2011

Blue Cheese Fettuccine


If you love pasta and blue cheese, you will love this easy to make, decadent, creamy dinner.  So quick to prepare, I almost felt guilty saying I made dinner.  Add a fresh green salad as a side and some crusty bread and voila, a delicious dinner.

Fettuccine with a creamy blue cheese sauce

1-2 cups of heavy cream
blue cheese to taste for the sauce and to crumble on top as a garnish
Fettuccine pasta
Salt



Boil enough water to cook your fettuccine, salt the water liberally.
In a sauce pan, on low to medium heat, add cream and enough blue cheese to your preferred taste.  I love blue cheese, so I like it strongly flavored.
Stir the cream and let the blue cheese melt into the cream making a nice sauce.  It will thicken as it simmers, it doesn't take long, so keep an eye on it so it doesn't boil.
Mix your cooked fettuccine with your blue cheese sauce and crumble fresh blue cheese on top as a pretty garnish.

Eat with your salad and crusty bread.  This dinner is finished and on the table within 30 minutes.

You, of course, could add any thing to this dish and have it be scrumptious, such as...blackened chicken, blackened salmon or even grilled steak.



I saw this made on television one day while watching Food Network and knew I had to make it, after a little research, I finally found it to show who I originally saw make this.  Thank you Laura Caulder for the inspiration, I love your recipes : ) 
This is an adapted recipe as I made it without remembering who I had seen do this, after reading her link, I realize, I don't use the pepper nor the parsley.  I also made it in a larger quantity.  It is so easy schmeasy to do though, it is very close : ) Some things can be this simple to make and are wonderful classic dishes you will want to revisit time and time again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...