Thursday 16 February 2012

More Puff Pastry? Why, yes...thank you


Okay...it's not a meatball, but it is a little spicy : )

Valentine's Day is behind us now and I had tons of fun working with the puff pastry.  It was my goal to make something sweet and something savory.  Even though the chocolate danish was so good, I have to admit that it was the savory this time that hit it out of the ball park for me : )  A play on tomato pie with puff pastry, every time I think of it, I want to make it again, heehee.  I even went as far as to make my first braid...using chocolate and strawberries, oh my : )  A tip for you I learned from making it...when making the slices...make them diagonal from the center instead of horizontal, it will make braiding so much easier I believe.

So, yesterday I found myself with one last piece of puff pastry lurking in the fridge, I only had to decide what to do with it, I can't just let it hang out in there without using it.

Snacks! How about that.  Okay...what to use, what to use...I had an idea : )

A little hot Italian sausage (pre-cook it), fresh basil leaves, sun dried tomato, and a nice slice of mozzarella stuffed inside that golden flaky pastry would make some delicious puffed pillows : ) Off to the kitchen I go...

I played with the shapes a bit since I only had the one sheet left.  I rolled it out flat, cut out some squares and started stuffing and folding : )  I used an egg wash to seal my folds and on the outside for a nice golden brown, baked in a preheated oven set at 350 degrees until puffed and golden.  Sigh, yummy snack!








They were so freakin' good!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...