Tuesday 6 March 2012

Blackberry-Blueberry Yogurt Madeleines


My favorite Madeleine is a lemon Madeleine, I love the crisp outside and the pillowy softness on the inside.  I also love yogurt, now normally we have strawberry in the house but surprise-surprise, today we had a blackberry, blueberry yogurt, delicious! One of my favorites : )

Well, one thing led to another this afternoon and a blending of the two came to mind, sounds like an experiment to me.  One worth trying...

Blackberry & Blueberry Yogurt Madeleine's!

The URL photo credit on this above pic is copyrighted under my new name...I'm Cookin' In My Kitchen.


Pin It








1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup blackberry & blueberry yogurt
5 frozen blackberries
10 fresh blueberries
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Melt butter, set aside to cool
In a bowl, combine...eggs-sugar-yogurt-fruit-vanilla extract & cooled melted butter
With an electric hand mixer blend together for a few minutes until mixed well
Add flour and salt, mix until well blended
Grease Madeleine pan 
Fill shells with batter
Bake for 12-15 minutes until outsides are a light golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean
Turn pan upside down and knock Madeleine's out of the pan, cool on a wire rack

Enjoy...best eaten same day although they can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days after baking.

So yummy!

I'm always on the search for the perfect Madeleine batter, I have yet to find my favorite or create my own, I have made these lemon Madeleine's before and loved them, but again...was still undecided on a recipe...

If you don't have one yet, it's a fun pan to own : )


JWsMadeWLuvMondays

AND MY BUNNY CAKE!  I love Easter, it is my all time favorite holiday!  Happy Easter Everyone : )  I made this Bunny cake a few years ago, but he still makes me smile : D
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...