Friday 13 April 2012

Creamy Scrambled Eggs on Croissant


Creamy Scrambled Eggs on Croissant


I like 'em creamy and soft, my sweetie likes his curds a little larger, a bit more dry and....with cheddar cheese. Either way, scrambled eggs have to be one of the easiest and fastest eggs I make.
 
I don't think they need cream or milk to be soft, nor do I think they need to be seasoned to have flavor, not that there's anything wrong with seasonings. Most of what we cook each day relies on seasoning to be moist, and flavorful.
These eggs are made a little different than the way I believe most of us think to make scrambled eggs. I skip the bowl...I don't whisk them before they're tossed into the pan and I don't add anything other than a 1/2 teaspoon of unsalted butter.


I do love a bit of green onion or chives in or on my eggs for the flavor and for the visual appeal, it's rare you'll see me eating them without them.  I also, never order them in a restaurant, because I never seem to enjoy them, I find (for me) that they are always over cooked.


In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, add a half teaspoon of unsalted butter.  It's not so important to make sure the butter melts in the pan before adding the egg as you'll mixing it all together anyway and the butter helps to add creaminess.

Crack open and add the amount of eggs you will want to serve, a good rule of thumb for me is 2-3 eggs per person.  Stir/whisk eggs continuously in the pan until cooked through.  Remove the pan from the heat when it begins to get too hot and the eggs start to stick, continue stirring as the residual heat in the pan will continue to cook the eggs.  The constant stirring/whisking of the eggs is the trick to the creaminess you want.


To add to the creaminess...at the very end, you can stir in a 1/2 teaspoon of cream for every three eggs you are making.  It creates a beautiful creamy texture to the egg which I skipped this time because I made these for lunch and frankly, I was so darn hungry I could hardly wait : )


Lightly toast a croissant, leave it plain as croissants already have lots of butter in them.  Ladle your creamy scrambled eggs over the croissant and sprinkle chopped green onion or chives over them.



Enjoy : )
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...